Actavis (including Arrow-Pharm)
Actavis, Inc. (NYSE: ACT) is a global, integrated specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing and distributing generic, brand and bio similar products. The company has global headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and Administrative Headquarters in Parsippany, New Jersey, USA. Operating as Actavis Pharma, the Company develops, manufactures and markets generic, branded generic, legacy brands and Over-the-Counter (OTC) products in over 60 countries.
Actavis Malta, has highly trained and dedicated employees, a favourable patent environment and state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities. Malta is a key contributor to the Actavis group of companies.
LaboPharm has supplied Actavis with a range of equipment via partners Agilent Technologies and Mettler Toledo as well as other renowned lab equipment manufacturers:
- Chromatography equipment: Liquid Chromatography (LC)s, Ion Chromatography (IC)s, Gas Chromatography (GC)s
- Spectroscopy equipment: UV-Vis
- Dissolution apparatus coupled with spectrophotometer for online disso studies
- Laboratory weighing: Micro Balances, Analytical Balances and Precision Balances
- Industrial weighing: Industrial platforms (standard and ATEX rated) and Checkweighers (offline and online systems)
- Electrochemical: Potentiometric and Karl Fischer Titrators and pH/cond. measuring equipment
- Polarimeters, Autoclaves, Digestion Apparatus, Balance enclosures, Glassware washers, Water purification system, Laboratory refrigeration equipment
- Other laboratory instrumentation
LaboPharm continues to support Actavis with extensive operators training for the proper operation of new equipment and with an ongoing maintenance agreement covering annual preventive maintenance, compliance (qualifications and calibrations) and repair services as and when they may be required.
LaboPharm and Agilent Technologies are also successfully running a Partner Edition and CrossLab program for in-house maintenance and self-compliance on Waters and Shimadzu HPLCs providing all the necessary training, tools and parts for audit ready electronic compliance protocols.
There are many advantages to this including reducing agreement costs, reducing approval and reviewing process for qualification protocols, reducing paper handling with electronic protocols for digital approval and archiving and reducing regulatory risks with an automated and unified compliance engine.
“Having LaboPharm on-board for the past seven years as our main laboratory service provider, our instruments installed base is constantly being maintained and validated for seamless and continuous laboratory operations”
Joanne Ebejer – Purchasing Department Manager